As part of Education Abroad’s commitment to internationalization and student development, the Global Opportunities Abroad Leader (GOAL) program provides returning education abroad students with an opportunity to cultivate overseas’ educational goals and cultural experiences with the engagement of University of California, Riverside’s student cohort for potential international undergraduate or post graduate opportunities.
GOAL participants serve as mentors to anyone considering international opportunities. This includes but is not limited to study, internship, volunteer, and work abroad opportunities. In addition, GOAL participants will assist with education abroad recruitment, marketing/outreach, event programming, and peer-advising.
- Prior education abroad or international related experience;
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,) Adobe Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash), Database Management (File Maker Pro).
Description of Duties:
- Conduct Information Sessions, Application Workshops and Class Visits;
- Host Information Tables at Noon-time Activities/Fairs/Special Events;
- Assist with Club/Dorm Visits;
- Assist with UCEAP, FLEAP, and OAP Office activities and outreach;
- Design posters, banners, flyers, and advertisements;
- Contribute and coordinate to Newsletter.
- Knowledge of UC Education Abroad Program, Faculty-led Education Abroad Program, and Opportunities Abroad Program;
- Positive role-model for UCEAP, FLEAP, OAP, and UCR;
- Willing to share their international experiences;
- Strong work ethic, regardless of task assigned;
- Maintain professionalism with students, staff, and faculty;
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills;
- Strong creative skills;
You will receive a certificate based on hours of service and earn credit towards your co-curricular transcript!
Now that you know a little bit about GOAL, we hope you decide to become a GOAL mentor. If you'd like to be a part of our team, please fill out the application. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact the Education Abroad office at 951-827-4113.
After reviewing all applications, we will contact you for an interview.